Lithuanian Caritas (https://www.caritas.lt/) unites Caritas organizations of seven dioceses, which are subordinate to local bishops.
Specialized assistance to convicts is provided in
- Caritas of Kaunas archdiocese (district municipalities of Kaunas, Kėdainiai, Raseiniai and Jonava).
- Caritas of Vilnius archdiocese (district municipalities of Vilnius, Trakai and Druskininkai).
Social, legal, and psychological services are annually provided to over 700 convicts in all prisons operating throughout Lithuania and to ex-convicts in nine municipalities.
The main services we provide:
- Individual case work with convicts in order to achieve successful reintegration upon release from prison;
- support to released persons in solving social, legal and psychological issues;
- representing the interests of convicts at the national level.
In 2022, we have started providing emotional, social and psychological assistance to relatives of convicts in the archdioceses of Kaunas and Vilnius. More information at www.bausmesseselyje.lt.
Lithuanian Caritas representative has been participating in the European Caritas workshops for those working with convicts since 2016.